Following the changes announced by the Prime Minister on 8 December 2021, Archery GB confirmed that archery can still go ahead – indoors and outdoors, without restrictions on numbers attending or distancing of targets.
They do, however, strongly urge clubs to follow the guidance below – which is similar to that which was issued earlier in the year:
- All members, except if medically exempt or under the age of 11, should wear a face covering in indoor places, which are crowded and enclosed, and where they may come into contact with people they do not normally meet.
- Face coverings can be removed by archers when actively shooting (replaced when collecting arrows or waiting off the shooting line).
- Clean or sanitise hands and shared equipment regularly.
- Clubs must consider ventilation for indoor venues – let fresh air in.
- Clubs are allowed to implement procedures beyond these minimum requirements, and we recommend that their members are consulted on them.
- Anyone with Covid symptoms should not attend, get tested and self-isolate if required to do so.
- Clubs should not insist on Covid vaccinations without due regard to the ramifications – see below for more information.